Resep Kerang Kukus Masak Tausi & Bihun Beras
Steamed Sea Scallop with Black Bean Sauce and Served with Rice Glass Vermicelli/Bihoon is a popular preparation for scallop in chinese cuisine. Scallop is a marine bivalve mollusk, the scallop itself is refers to the white abductor muscle of it. Many scallops are highly prized as a food source. Beehon or bihun (Bahasa) is a small round and translucent noodle made of rice. The beehon is used within this steamed scallop recipe to absorb the scallop dripping while steaming process to infused the natural juice into it.
Steamed Sea Scallop with Black Bean Sauce is really simple and easy to replicate at home. It’s preferred to use the live scallop for this recipe, you can shuck the scallop and discard the yellowish intenal organ, but you can use the fresh scallop too. First you choose the ‘dry scallop”, dry scallops is scallop without any additives, while scallops that are treated with sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP) are called “wet scallop”. STPP causes the scallops to absorb moisture prior to the freezing process, thereby getting a better price per unit of weight. It’s easy to diffrenciate dry and wet scallop, the dry scallop is usually got whitish creamy translucent, while the wet scallop is usually got white opaque color.
The ingredients of black bean sauce for steaming sea scallop is similiar to my Steamed Crab or Steamed Tiger Grouper Fish with Tofu. Basic ingredients for plack bean sauce is fermented black beans paste, garlic, shallots, lemongrass, ginger, salt and pepper use for the sauce. Chopped chili added to give a nice hot kicking flavour, besides, you can improved the black bean paste with dried shrimp, dried scallop and other savoury and umami dried seafood ingredients to enrich the flavour. Watch over the saltiness level of the black bean paste since it could be very salty and it’s not necessary to add any salt anymore. This black bean recipe is suits as a dressing for eeg, tofu, rice porridge or even aubergines. Black bean sauce is actually made of salted and fermented black bean called douci, tausi or tauco hitam in Bahasa. Black bean paste is ready to use, it’s available in a glass jar on most asian groceries in your town. My favourite fermented black bean paste is Lee Kum Kee Brand
Perfecly cooked steamed sea scallop texture is superb, a combination of bounchy, crunchy and yet easy to chew. The natural juice is come out and it’s taste superior. Make sure you use the dry scallop for steaming, the wet scallop will be ruined the whole dish with totally chewy and rubbery scallop and the juice is tasteless. Trust me, since i had to try that.
Recipe Steamed Sea Scallop with Black Bean Sauce and Rice Vermicelli:
- 200 gr scallop, cleaned throughly, drizzle with a little of lime juice, drained
- 100 gr rice glass noodle boil until cooked through, drained.
- 2 tsp of fermented black beans sauce/ tausi, i use Lee Kum Kee Brand
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass, thinly sliced
- a pinch of finely chopped szechuan peppercorn
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cm ginger, chopped
- 1/4 tbs of rock sugar
- 2 tbs of premium light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/3 cup of chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp chopped red chillies for serving
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic chieves fpr serving
- 1/2 tsp
- Mix blackbean sauce, lemongrass, szechuan peppercorn, garlic,ginger, rock sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice wine in a glass bowl
- Put the scallop in a heatproof pyrex bowl, drizzle the seasoning mixture.
- marinade about 10 minutes, meanwhile set your steamer in a highest flame as possible.
- Put the marinated scallop in the steamer, steam about 5-7 minutes, Do Not Overcooked It!
- Put the steamed scallop over the rice glass vermicelli, pour the broth and springkle with chopped red chilli and garlic chieves
- Use the dry scallop only !
- It’s better check the donnest of the scallop every 2 minutes to prevent overcooked
You May also Like :
- Super Food: Black Garlic (Fermented) & Pan Seared Scallop ala Dentist Chef