Ikan Mas or Common carp, Cyprinus carpi. Carp are various species of oilyfreshwater fish of the family Cyprinidae, a very large group of fish native to Europe and Asia. The common carp (Cyprinus carpio) is a widespread freshwater fish of eutrophic waters in lakes and large rivers in Europe and Asia. The wild populations are considered vulnerable to extinction, but the species has also been domesticated and introduced into environments worldwide, and is often considered an invasive species.It gives its name to the carp family: Cyprinidae. It is on the List of the world’s 100 worst invasive species.
The common carp is native to Asia, and has been introduced to every part of the world with the exception of the Middle East and the poles. The original common carp was found in the inland delta of the Danube River about 2000 years ago, and was torpedo-shaped and golden-yellow in colour. It had two pairs of barbels and a mesh-like scale pattern.
Ikas mas was the basic ingredient for making Arsik. Arsik is an Indonesian fish dish of the Batak Toba people and Mandailing people of North Sumatra. Distinctively Batak elements of the dish are the use of torch ginger fruit (‘asam cikala’), and ‘andaliman’ (Indonesian szechuan pepper). Common Indonesian spices such as shallots, garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric root and chili are also used
I like grilled ikan mas too. Simply seasoned can barely bring the natural sweetnesss of the fish. Choose the organic farm raised when it possible. Use jeruk purut or kaffir lime juice and salt is just perfect to marinate the fish an hour before grilling. Don’t forget to unscalale the fish, it keeps the flesh from burning and dried out. It,s edible anyway, but when u can’t stand for it, juat remove it like you just pelling banana, it is that simple.
- 1 kg ikan mas/ carp, bersihkan tanpa di sisiki/ gutted, unscaled
- 1 kaffir lime juice
- garam secukupnya salt to taste
- margarine, lelehkan/ melted for grilling
Resep Sambal Rawit :
- 30 cabe rawit/ bird eye chili, cincang halus/ finely chopped
- 7 bawang merah/ shallot,cincang halus/ finely chopped
- 3 bawang putih/ garlic,cincang halus/ finely chopped
- 1 buah sereh/ lemon grass, ambil bagian putih/ white part only, cincang halus/ finely chopped
- 3 buah tomat cerry,cincang halus/ finely chopped
- 1/2 jeruk purut/ kaffir lime juice
- 1/2 sdt terasi bakar/ 1/2 tsp grilled dried shrimp paste
- 1 sdm minyak kelapa/ 1 tbsp coconut oil
- garam/ salt
Cara membuat sambal cabe rawit untuk ikan bakar :
- mixed all ingredient except the coconut oil and press it out with a spoon.
campur semua bahan kecuali minyak kelapa, tekan tekan dengan sendok sampai tercampur rata
- heat up the coconut oil until smoking hot, pour over the sambal rawit and mix well
panaskan minyak kelapa sampai berasap, tuang dan aduk merata di atas sambal rawit
Cara Membuat ikan bakar :
- Marinade the fish in kaffir lime juice and salt for about 1 hours, drain well and put into grilling net
Rendam ikan dalam air jeruk purut dan garam, keringkan dan taruh diatas alat pemangang
- Grill the fish over charcoal until half done, generously smear all over with margarine
Bakar diatas arang sampai setengah matang dan lumuri dengan margarin sampai rata
- Continue grilling until the fish is done, serve with sambal rawit
Lanjutkan membakar ikan sampai matang, sajikan dengan sambal rawit
You May Also Like :