Resep Pad Thai Udang ( Kuetiaw ala Thailand)
Pad Thai or Phat Thai (Thai: ผัดไทย, RTGS: Phat Thai, ISO p̄hạdịthy, [pʰàt tʰāj], “fried Thai style” “Phở Xào in Vietnamese”) is a dish of stir-fried Pho noodles, a type of rice noodle, with eggs, fish sauce (Thai: น้ำปลา), tamarind juice, red chili pepper, plus any combination of bean sprouts, shrimp, chicken, hot dogs or tofu, garnished with crushed peanuts, coriander and lime, the juice of which can be added along with Thai condiments (crushed peanuts, garlic, tomato, chives, pickled turnip, coriander, lime, spicy chili oil, chili powder, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar). It is usually served with scallions and pieces of raw banana flower.
Pad Thai is of Vietnamese origin,which uses Pho noodles (Bánh Phở in Vietnamese) and Chinese ingredients. In Vietnam, it is called Phở Xào or Banh Pho Xao Sate, meaning “stir fried Pho,” a popular street food, with sate (garlic, peanuts, and chiles), mung bean sprouts, meat of some sort, scallions, and fish sauce, often served with pickled vegetables. The dish was said to be imported to the ancient Thai capital city of Ayuthaya by Viet traders, and was then altered to reflect the Thai flavor profile and assigned a name reflecting its newly acquired Thai character. Pad Thai has since become one of Thailand’s national dishes.
Instead store bought or instant pad thai sauce, i made my homemade pad thai sauce. Pad Thai sauce is very easy to make, and this simple recipe will tell you how to do it. Pad Thai noodles are becoming very popular around the world, and can easily be made at home if you have the right ingredients. The key to good pad thai sauce is tamarind. Tamarind or Asam Jawa is popular tropical fruit that comes in pods. The best way to buy tamarind is as a prepared paste (available by the jar or bottle at Asian or Indian food stores).
- 250 gr rice noodle, boiled with package instruction.
- 500 gr(about 2) whole giant head prawn, peeled, keep the head and the shell for stock
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cloves shallot,
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp dried shrimp,
1 tbsp (shredded) preserved radish
6 tbsp Pad Thai sauce, recipe follow
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp ground roasted peanuts, i use cashew nuts
1/2 cup sliced garlic chives or green onion
1 cups bean sprouts, rinsed,
1 wedge lime
Homemade Pad Thai Sauce Recipe :
- Prawn head and shell
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp. tamarind paste , adjust to taste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper, adjust to taste
- a pinch of grounded white pepper
- 4 Tbsp. palm sugar
How to make homemade pad thai sauce recipe :
- Heat up the oil, saute the prawn head and shell until crisp and nice golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the rest ingredients in a cup and stir to dissolve both tamarind paste and sugar.
- Pour into shrim head and shell, bring to boil and simmer until thicken into half amount.
- Sieve with tea siever, set aside
How to make pad thai rice noodle :
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic, shallot and stir-fry until golden brown. Add the shrimp and keep stirring until the shrimp changes color.
- Remove the shrimp to prevent overcooking and set aside.
- Add the noodles. They will stick together so stir fast and try to separate them. Add a little water, stirring a few times. Then add the Pad Thai sauce, and keep stirring until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the wok.
- Add the bean sprout, stir throughly
- Push the contents of the wok up around the sides to make room to fry the eggs.
- Add the eggs and spread the noodles over the eggs to cover.
- When the eggs are cooked, stir the noodles until everything is well mixed-this should result in cooked bits of eggs
- Remove from the pan and serve with chiles, peanuts, garlic chives and a few drops of lime juice. Mix well.
You may Also Like :