Ravioli are a traditional type of Italian filled pasta. They are composed of a filling sealed between two layers of thin egg pasta dough and are served either in broth or with a sauce. Today i make my basil green ravioli with roasted pumpkin filling. The contrast color between the dough and the filling is the trick for a beautifull ravioli dish. The finely chopped make the dough had a greeny radient color derived from a pureed basil leaves. Besides gives green color, the basil leaves that infused in the ravioli dough gives a pleasant scent and flavour.
Take a closer look….
Yummy roasted pumpkin ravioli !
Recipe Fresh Ravioli Pasta :
- 1 cups (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg yolg
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 10 ml water
- 1 tbsp pureed basil oil
- Extra flour on hand for dusting
Recipe Roasted Pumpkin Filling for Ravioli Pasta :
- 200 roasted pumpkin ( sweet kabocha pumpkin)
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Recipe Cheesy Pasta Sauce :
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp parmiggiano-reggiono cheese or grated ceddar cheese
How To Make the ravioli filling.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly until you have a smooth, paste-like consistency.
Make the ravioli pasta
- Mix all the ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Shape it into a ball, and place it on your work surface. Knead for at least 10 minutes or until it becomes elastic.
- Roll the dough with rolling pin to flatten it, you can use pasta maker instead
- Take the ravioli filling and place a tablespoon of it in middle of a dough.
- Fill a small bowl with water, dip your fingers in, and moisten around the outer edge of the dough round.
- Fold the dough in half over the filling, making a half-moon shape. Be sure all the filling stays inside. Pinch the edges together and then seal the edges of the ravioli with your finger punch. Make sure to press firmly and go all the way around. This will add a “homemade” touch as well.
- Press the edge with a round pasta cutter to make a direction for the swirl pasta cutter
- Cut the edge with swirl pasta cutter.
- Repeat this process for all your dough.
- Dust the finished ravioli with flour to keep them from sticking together.
- Boil the ravioli pasta until your preference doneness, drain out and drizzle a little bit of olive oil
- Voila, now your Homemade Ravioli is ready to go with your favourite sauce…
How to make Cheesy Pasta (Ravioli) Sauce :
- Heat up the butter and olive oil, add the garlic and onion until fragrant and not browned.
- Add the bacon and the flour, saute until the flour throughly cooked.
- Pour the milk and grated cheese, bring to boil with a very low flame until the cheese dissolved.
- Add the black olives and turn off the heat and serve with ravioli pasta.
You may Also Like :
- Smoked Oyster Pasta Recipe ala Dentist Chef
- Homemade Ravioli Pasta with Chicken Parmigiano Stuffing ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Aglio Olio Angel Hair Spaghetti with Grilled Butter Prawn ala Dentist Chef
- Pasta Recipe: Black Fettuccine with Spicy Tomato Sauce & Black Olives ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Homemade Pappardelle Pasta & Thai Style Beef ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Spaghetti with Spicy Tuna Sauce, Runny Egg Yolk & Parmaggiano-Reggianno Cheese
- Pan Seared Marlin Fillet with Black Garlic,Chilli & Lemongrass Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar Reduction and Aglio Olio Pasta : Fine Dining Features Recipe
- Stir Fried Giant Vermicelli with Crab (Resep Bihun Goreng Kepiting) ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Pasta Spaghetti Con Le Sarde ( Pasta with Sardine Fish) ala Dentist Chef