I love ravioli very much, ravioli is similiar to chinese wonton or Italian filled pasta. They are composed of a filling sealed between two layers of thin egg pasta dough and are served either in broth or with a sauce. Today i make my basil green ravioli with roasted pumpkin filling. The contrast color between the dough and the filling is the trick for a beautifull ravioli dish. Typical ravioli filling is meat, veggies and cheese. Since i had my leftover Tea Smoked Salmon since i made two of it and only finished one. The other tra smoked salmon i keep refrigerated without any cover. It’s tuned into dried, hard and not very pleasant to chew after reheated. Since i’ve never wasted any food before it ruined, i guess this smoked salmon is gonna be a pasta filling or pasta seasoning.
I think i love truffle mushrooms very much for it’s deep nutty and earthy flavour. If you love mushrooms, i think you’ll gonna love truffle. I had once truffle mushroom in Japanese restaurant, yes, you’re not miss reading. It’s a very think shaved truffle oil over poached cod or gindara. Since i can access any truffle around here, i just can get black truffle infused olive oil. This Pietro Coricelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused With Black Truffle is send from this online groceries store named Rumah Segar. This truffle oil had more intense flavour and aromas of black truffle compared the actual truffle mushrooms. Have no clue weather they get the infused flavour is atually comes from syntetic or the real things, but i just loving it!
Today i’ve made a ravioli with hot smoked salmon filling. Simply seasoned with seasalt and chopped pickled green peppercorn make a refreshing and contrast savoury flavour. I add some salted quail egg from making Lo Mak Gai Dim Sum, it make te pasta even better. I’m inspired by a pasta starter dish that i had recently, a prawn tortellini without any sauce, just drizzled with homemade basil oil and served with fenugreek sprout salad. Sometimes simple ravioli recipe is what we need to refresh the taste buds.
Fresh Ravioli Pasta Recipe:
- 2/3 cups (1oo g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Extra flour on hand for dusting
Smoked Salmon Ravioli Filling recipe:
- 150 gr homemade smoked salmon, sheddered, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pickled green peppercorn
- 1 tbsp heavy cooking cream
- 1 tbsp parmaggiano-reggiano cheese
- salted quail egg yolk *optional
- seasalt to taste
- Green baby spinach leaves
- Red baby spinach leaves
- Lemon basil leaves
- Sweet potato leaves
- Diced cherry tomato
- Diced onion
- Tiny turkey sausage
- Black truflle oil (i use Pietro coricelli)
How To Make the ravioli filling.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly until you have a smooth, paste-like consistency.
Make the ravioli pasta
- Mix all the ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Shape it into a ball, and place it on your work surface. Knead for at least 10 minutes or until it becomes elastic.
- Roll the dough with rolling pin to flatten it, you can use pasta maker instead
- Take the smoked salmon ravioli filling and place a tablespoon of it in middle of a dough then put the salted quail egg yolk.
- Fill a small bowl with water, dip your fingers in, and moisten around the outer edge of the dough round.
- Fold the dough in half over the filling, making a half-moon shape. Be sure all the filling stays inside. Pinch the edges together and then seal the edges of the ravioli with your finger punch. Make sure to press firmly and go all the way around. This will add a “homemade” touch as well.
- Press the edge with a round pasta cutter to make a direction for the swirl pasta cutter
- Cut the edge with swirl pasta cutter.
- Repeat this process for all your dough.
- Dust the finished ravioli with flour to keep them from sticking together.
- Boil the ravioli pasta until your preference doneness, drain out and drizzle a little bit of olive oil
- Voila, now your Homemade Ravioli is ready to go with your favourite sauce
You May Also Like :