Homemade Sweet Potato Gnocchi Pasta Recipe. Gnocchi ia a thick and soft Italian pasta that consist of semolina flour, potato and egg yolk. Instead of potato, you can substitude with , pumpkin, or any rooted veggies like sweet potato, carrrot or beet roots etc. You can made it with various sauce, you can served it with tomato base sauce like sun dried tomato pesto, spicy tuna and tomato sauce or spicy chilli tomato sauce; or peanut pesto sauce. Gnocchi is usually served as appetizer, thats why i like to served purple sweet potato gnocchi as a simple and refreshing salad with a springkled sumac and a lil drizzled of truffle oil.
Today i made a homemade purple sweet potato from scrath. The purple sweet potato tagged as japanese purple sweet potato, googling search end up as Okinawan purple potato. This sweet potato is really sweet in taste and had a dark purple color. I’ve try many times made a mashed purple sweet potato fo my Confit d’Oie /Goose Confit Recipe Serve with Cherry Tomato & Musrooms Confit, and Chicken Ballotine Recipe with Spinach, Minced Chicken and Porcini Mushrooms Powder Stuffing. The Okinawan purple potato made a very impressive purple coloring for many dish like pasta, cake or even bread.
Forget the store brought gnocchi since homemade gnocchi is preety easy to made and it taste far away greater than the the instant gnocchi. In rush hours meals, i like to made the gnocchi into a tiny long tubular and simply cut it 1 1/2 inchs and directly boiled it. But when my niece is in town, she always did the fork pressing to make a fork punch pattern in the gnocchi.
- 250 gr purple potato, peeled
- 100 gr semolina or all purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp cheese powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Gnocchi Pasta Salad Recipe :
- 1 aubergine or eggplant, cui tinto bite sice and roasted until cooked and had a nice charred golden brown surface
- 1 cup amaranth( we used to called this as spinach in Indonesia)
- 2 hard boiled egg, quartered
- 1/2 cup kalamata / black olives, halved
- grated cheese
- a pinch of SUMAC
- black truffle oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the pasta, cut the sweet potatoes an wrap with alumunium foil and bake until fork tender for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and let it cool, place into a bowl and mashed the flesh through a fine sieve metal strainer.
- Add the cheese, salt , pepper and all purpose flour and olive oil and mix until dough forms.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes.
- Add additional flour if the dough is still sticky. Then, quartered
- Roll each section with a floured rolling pin into a long tube like roll.
- Cut each section into 1 inch bite-size sections.
- Gently press the gnocchi section with fork
- Roll a fork over the top to get the ridges.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook until the gnocchi starts to float.
- Remove the gnocchi from the cooking water and drained
- Your purple sweet potato gnocchi is ready to serve with your own preference sauce
How to Make a Gnocchi Pasta Salad:
- Mix all ingredient and served cold as appetizer
You may also like :