Spicy Lobster Pasta is one of the result from my foraging on Jakarta’s traditional fish market, Muara Angke. This wet, crowded and damn smelly fish market provide many range of seafood product; many kinds of fish, clams, crabs, lobsters and rare seafood like mantis shrimp with incredibly less expensive price compare to the modern fish market and seafood restaurant. Just make sure that you’ve understand about seafood product, since there’s also sold unfresh and fake product like red snapper and clams that had been fortified with non-food coloring to attract the customers.
I purchased 8 spinny lobster with totally 3.7 kilos weight (doubt this is the correct weight) for about 13 USD for a single kilo. Make sure you’ve giving your best shoots on bargain in Muara Angke traditional fish market sice the fish monger used to upscale their price for tourist. Ask the cheaper price when you buying a large amount, if you only buy a kilo or two, the fish monger give it on 15-17 USD a kilo, but he’ll give you 13-14 USD a kilo for purchasing more than two kilos.
Spicy lobster pasta with cherry tomato, chilli and garlic green was a simple lobster recipe that won’t failed in your special occation. Tangy cherry tomato with a savoury touch from slightly browned garlic green and a little kick’in from cayenne pepper is just what all needed to present the natural sweetness of the lobster. If you like, you can simmer the lobster head first to extract the flavour and using it to the pasta. Some people like to completely peel off the meat out of the shell, but i choose to serve it within the shell.
Spicy Lobster Pasta Recipe:
- 1 Medium size Lobster (about 500 gr), cleaned , cut into pieces
- 250 gr angel hair pasta, cook with package instruction
- 3 garlic green , finely chopped the bulb and crosswise cut the spring leaf
- 2 chilli/cayenne pepper (cabe merah), finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of mix italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine or cooking wine
- Heat up olive oil in a large wok pan, saute the chopped garlic green bulb until slightly brown
- Add the lobster and continue to saute another 2 minutes
- Add the tomato and cayenne pepper, saute for about 5 minutes until the cherry tomato got soften
- Add the wine, water, soy sauce and bring it to boil, simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add the pasta and season with salt, pepper and mix italian herbs
- Let the liquid evaporated and stir it adequately
- Serve the spicy lobster pasta immediately