Black Chanterelle mushrooms pasta recipe with addition of sun dried tomato and cream is an easy, healty and yet tasty dish. Black Chanterelle mushrooms made it fancy even more. Black Chanterelle mushrooms (Craterellus cornucopioides) is an edible mushroom, the horn of plenty, also known as black trumpet, trompette de la mort or trumpet of the dead. The idea of the name “trumpet of the dead” is that the growing mushrooms are being played as trumpets by people under the ground.
The dried black chanterelel mushroom’s flavour even improves than the fresh, but the texture is slightly tougher and more rubberry. That’s why i suggested that dried chanterelles reconstituted or soaked in water overnight to soften it. To retain more flavor, you should not discarded the soaking water and using it to the dish when they are cooked. Chanterelles mushroomare especially prized for their culinary value and are favorites of mushroom hunters.
This mushrooms is found in woods in North America, Europe, Japan and Korea. Mainly it grows under beech, oak or other broad-leaved trees, especially in moss in moist spots on heavy calcareous soil. The mushroom is usually almost black. Hunters of this mushroom say it is like looking for black holes in the ground. The Horn of Plenty looks rather unattractive, but has a very good flavour. Humans have eaten mushrooms for thousands of years. Chanterelles like this one are especially prized for their culinary value and are favorites of mushroom hunters. Mushroom hunting is an exciting, fun, and rewarding hobby.
I purchased a couple pack of Borde Trompetttes des Maures or dried black chanterelle mushrooms in Carrefour supermarket for about 5 USD for tiny 28 gr package. Pretty pricey, but i guess it’s worht for the price, besides, it’s not easy to find a gourmet mushrooms in Indonesia, even in Jakarta. I guess this black chanterelle is away cheaper than porcini mushrooms that i’m use fo making Smoked Lamb Chop with PORCINI Mushrooms Crusted, Saffron Polenta and Chicken Ballotine Recipe with Spinach, Minced Chicken and Porcini Mushrooms Powder Stuffing.
Black Chanterelle Mushrooms Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Cream Recipe :
- 1 package of dried Black Trumpet mushrooms (28 gr)
- 125 gr dried pasta ( i use angel hair pasta), cook according to package instruction
- 1/4 cup Homemade Sun Dried Cherry Tomato , soaked 10 minutes, drain, roughly chopped (you can replace with 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomato)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of mix italian herbs
- Wash the dried black chanterelle mushrooms to remove any dirt in running water
- Soaked it overnight in the fridge
- Drain, shredded of roughly chopped it, reserve the liquid
- Heat up the butter and olive oil, saute the shallot and garlic until slightly brown
- Add the chanterelle mushrooms and sundried tomato, saute another 3 minutes
- Pour the soaking liquid and heavy cream, bring to boil, simmer until thicken
- Add the salt and pepper with mix italian herbs
- Add the pasta and cook it until it mixed well
- Serve it immediately