Broccoli Pizza Crust recipe is sounds a great solution for childrent picky diet problem. If you got tired to reinforced your children to consume broccoli, instead eating the broccoly stem, they ain’t eaten all but onlt the florset. My sister is facing the same issue with my niece, that’s why she asked me to make a recipe with broccoli florset and also the stem. One thing you should know about broccoli is it contains tons of flour and calcium that needed to strenghten your teeth and decrease the insidence of caries. You can prepare this super easy broccoli pizza crust with your children since it’s very fun and gonna be a better stimulation for them to eat healty food and avoid junk food. Kids always love to prepare their own lunch for sure, even sometimes it’s gonna be messy, i guess it’s one of the best quality time to share with them.
The secret of making a delicious broccoli crust or broccoli base pizza is to use the soft part of the broccoli stem, That’s why you should peel off the hard and woody stem before chopped it. To Prevent the broccoli crust sticky to the pan, you can use baking (parchment) paper. Make sure the broccoli crust pizza base must be dried and throughly cooked before you put the toppping or it’s gonna be mushy pizza. My niese is such clever little girl,mostly it’s too damn clever for 4 years girl, she did’t like the texture of my first trial since i processed the broccoli too fine and the egg amount is overpowering the pizza base and she said “it was telur dadar or omelette”. For the best result, i sugest to process the broccoli until it’s got a rice-like cosistency, finer “grain” make you lost the broccoli texture while coarser “grain” will make the broccoli crust base is fragile and easily broken
For the broccoli crust pizza topping you can use any of your favourite topping. I use my homemade duck prosciutto, bavarian sausage, kalamata (black) olives, sweet corn, onion,and bell pepper. I also add spicy tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese to fixingas a ‘glue’ for the topping. For serving the broccoli crust pizza i made some amaranth and sumac salad with a little drizze of truffle oil.
Broccoli Crust Pizza Recipe:
Broccoli Crust (Base) Ingredients:
- 1 head broccoli including stalk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 gr homemade duck prosciutto
- 1/2 onion, thinly slice
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernel
- 1/2 bell pepepr, jullienned
- 1 bavarian sausage (bratwurst), thinly slice
- Kalamata olives, thinly slice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup spicy tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C, apply some oive oil to your baking pan and baking pepper, set aside
- Clean and separate the florets from the stalk. Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil and throw in broccoli stalks, after 3 minutes add the florets, cook until slightly tender, drain
- Place broccoli in food processor, process until it’s gor a rice-like ‘grain’.
- Put the processed broccoli in a bowl, mix it with the egg, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Scatter it in the baking pepper and oven it until it throughly cook for about 10 minutes (or you can cook the broccoli pizza crust it in a frypan)
- Place cooked bratkes on paper towels to drain oil. You may freeze them at this point for future use or continue with recipe after baking bratkes to warm them.
- Turn oven to Broil. Apply the spicy tomato sauce overbroccoli crust, put all the toping ingredients (remember to add the mozarela cheese for the last)
- Put it the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted and browned.
You May Also Like: