Roasted Garlic Pasta Spaghetti with Pan Seared Scallops recipe is one of my favourite meals al the time. The roasted garlic tomato for pasta is actually tomato based sauce with tons of roasted garlic. Instead of fresh tomato that usually used on roasted garlic sauce, i’m using my leftover roasted garlic from making Pan Seared Grouper Fillet with Roasted Tomato Sauce Recipe. Then you know what, i guess this must be the reason why my niece can’t stop diggin into the rosted garlic spaghetti.
Don’t get me wrong, roasted garlic got much more milder garlicky flavour than sauteed or deep fried garlic. Perfectly roasted garic got caramelized sweet and also savoury hint, you can even barely eat it like roasted potato. Pan seared scallops with perfectly charred outside and bounchy, juicy and also crunchy meat inside will tickle your taste buds. Make sure you’ve got a “dry scallop”instean the ” wet scallop”. Scallops which threated with sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP) called “wet scallop” while the “dry scallops” didn’t. STPP causes the scallops to absorb moisture prior to the freezing process, thereby getting a better price per unit of weight. It’s easy to diffrenciated dry and wet scallop, “dry scallop” is usually got whitish creamy translucent color, while the “wet scallop” is usually got whitish opaque color.
I had my first roasted garlic pasta at Mad for Garlic restaurant in Grand Indonesia Mall, Jakarta. Mad for Garlic was a garlic themed restaurant from Korea. As i expected before, vibrant of garlicky dishes was oferred with hillarious name on it. Beside the roasted garlic pasta, 1 had vampire (or dracula) killer which is a toasted bread with garlicky dip, caprese salad (standart) and also rib eye steak with various kind of garlic. Thougt i’m really enjoying the roasted garlic pasta, i guess i’m not gonna spend more than 10 bucks for that simple roasted garlic pasta in Mad for Garlic restaurant no more, i got a fully bowl if it’s homemade.
Making oven roasted garlic recipe is so easy to do. Simply cut the tips end of the garlic bulp to made it a lot easier to extract after roasted, toss the garlic with olive oil and season it with salt and black pepper evenly, then lay them with the bottom side down in the oven tray. Use a big enough baking tray, so the garlic are not too crowded. You want room between them for the moisture to escape, which concentrates the garlic flavor. Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending of the garlic bulb size) in 482ºF (250ºC), or until the garlic are completely softened and wilted, and start to wrinkle and some of the them charred. The garlic bulb may take longer to roast, depending on the size and the ammount of your garlic. The oven roasted garlic will keep for about three days in the refrigerator and about 6 days if you packed it with oil, i also can be frozen for up to six months.
Roasted Garlic Pasta Spaghetti Recipe:
- 125 gr pasta (i’m using angel hair spaghetti), cook with package instruction
- 3-4 bulbs of roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted tomato from 1 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomato (you can replace with HOMEMADE SUN DRIED TOMATOES)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder (you can replace with HOMEMADE ROASTED BELL PEPPER)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- a pinch of oregano
- a pinch of thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce Spaghetti :
- Put the roasted tomato, roasted garlic and cheese in food processor and process until form a smooth paste
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan, saute the roasted garlic sauce paste until fragrance
- Add the liquid from cooking the pasta, season with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano, bring to boil
- Simmer and reduce the sauce until thicken
- Served it with pan seared baby scallops and romaine lettuce greens
Pan Seared Baby Scallop Recipe :
- 200 gr baby scallops (1 small package)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Perfectly Pan Seared Scallops”
- Drain the scallops from the remaining dripping (use kitchen towel or shiever)
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper evenly
- Heat up the skillet and swirl the olive oil to coating it well, wait until the skillet is smoking hot
- Put the scallop, do not overfilled it or you’re scallops would be steamed rather than seared
- Once the bottom turn intu crusted golden brown, flip and wait until the other side got charred too (mine was about 1 minutes each side)
- Serve the pan seared baby scallops with roasted garlic spaghetti