Grilled Beef Tenderloin Steak with Roasted Garlic Sauce. I’m using 3 little pieces of filet mignon or the tips of the tenderloin. The filet mignon weighed each about 125 grams and cost me totally about 25 USD. Pretty pricey, but i guess it’s worthed since filet mignon is considered as the most tender cuts of beef. I used to pan seared my steak before, but i guess i’m gonna grilled my tenderloin today to infused the smokey flavour into the flesh even more. I serving my filet mignon with roasted garlic sauce, don’t get me wrong, roasted garlic got much more milder garlicky flavour than sauteed or deep fried garlic. Perfectly roasted garic got caramelized sweet and also savoury hint, you can even barely eat it like roasted potato and it goes well too with the beef steaks.
Making oven roasted garlic recipe is so easy to do. Simply cut the tips end of the garlic bulp to made it a lot easier to extract after roasted, toss the garlic with olive oil and season it with salt and black pepper evenly, then lay them with the bottom side down in the oven tray. Use a big enough baking tray, so the garlic are not too crowded. You want room between them for the moisture to escape, which concentrates the garlic flavor. Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending of the garlic bulb size) in 482ºF (250ºC), or until the garlic are completely softened and wilted, and start to wrinkle and some of the them charred. The garlic bulb may take longer to roast, depending on the size and the ammount of your garlic. The oven roasted garlic will keep for about three days in the refrigerator and about 6 days if you packed it with oil, i also can be frozen for up to six months.
I also using Heston Blumenthal perfect steak method to dry aging my tenderloin. My Perfectly Seared Ribeye Steak & Creamy Mushrooms Sauce Recipe was the first attemp with the Hesto’s method and the result is quite satisfying. The step is dry aging the beef steak in the fridge by placing the steak above metal wire rack and left it undisturbed for at least two days. The beef aging concentrates the flavour in the steak by evaporation and also break down or tenderized the meat by active enzymes works. The beef is ready when it’s outer layer turn into some waxy and firmer texture when you touch it. It’s no needed to peel off the outside layer of the dry aged tenderloin since the waxy layer is so thin. Never forget to take the steaks out of the fridge for a couple of minutes until it reach the room temperature before you cooked it.
The Second step was searing the beef steak. Heat a cast iron frypan until sizzling hot, i mean very-very hot until it freakingly mad smoking and then seared it in cast iron pan for 15 seconds then turn it over every 15 seconds until the steak reach your preference doness. I adjusting the method and using my grill instead of pan. I rarely grilled my tenderloin steak but i really craving for it today, even the tenderloin is a tad overcooked to medium done (i hope it’s medium rare), but the tederloin still tender and taste very nice. I guess you won’t ever failed with filet mignon. Never forget to resting the meat to allow the juices reabsorbed into the meat. This is the secret of juicy tenderloin steak that usually omitted in domestic kitchen. I let my 125 grams tenderloin steak rest for about 2 minutes, and you needed about 5-7 minutes for larger size of steak.
It’s been so long that i’ve not updating Dentist Chef, i guess the phrase “love and pasion will find it’s way” sounds to good to be true right now, i’ve been busy catching up my clinical requirement lately. Instead of Roasted garlic sauce, you can choose any kind of my favourite selection of sauces for steak; Creamy Mushrooms Sauce, Italian Spicy Tomato & Basil Sauce, Creamy Bechamel Sauce, Roasted Tomato Sauce, Roasted Pepper Sauce, Creamy Green Peppercorn Sauce, Reduced Red Wine Demi Glace Sauce,or Italian Salsa Verde Sauce
Grilled Tenderloin Steak Recipe with Heston’s Blumenthal Method:
- 3 @ 125 gr filet mignon or tenderloin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- seasalt and freshly grounded black peppercorn
How to Grill Tenderloin Steak Recipe:
- Unwrap your beef tenderloin steak and pat dry, put it above wire rack in the middle of your fridge rack and let it undisturbed for 2 days
- Take the steaks out of the fridge for a couple of hours and reach the room temperature
- Rub all the tenderloin steak with salt and black peppercorn and make sure it coated evenly
- Heat up your griller until as hot as it could be
- Set your stopwatch to countdown the time
- Pour the olive oil and melted butter to the tenderloin steak
- Grill the tenderloin steak and let cook it for 15 seconds.
- Flip the tenderloin steak over and over again every 15 seconds until it’s got a nice charred and crusted surface for about totally 1 minutes (i’m using 125 gr tenderloin steak, you need about 2-3 minutes for larger steak)
- Check the tenderloin beef steak doness (medium rare is preferred) with meat thermometer and slet it rest for at least 2-3 minutes (i’m using 125 gr tenderloin steak, you need about 5 minutes for larger steak)
- Served the perfectly grilled tenderloin steak with the roasted garlic sauce
Roasted Garlic Sauce Recipe:
- 3-4 bulbs of roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted tomato from 1 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomato (you can replace with HOMEMADE SUN DRIED TOMATOES)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder (you can replace with HOMEMADE ROASTED BELL PEPPER)
- a pinch of rosemarry
- a pinch of thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Roasted Garlic Sauce :
- Put the roasted garlic and , roasted tomato in food processor and process until form a smooth paste
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan, saute the roasted garlic sauce paste until fragrance
- Add the liquid from cooking the pasta, season with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano, bring to boil
- Simmer and reduce the sauce until thicken
- Serve the roasted garlic sauce with the grilled tenderloin steak
You May Also Like (Click!)