Slow Roasted Lamb Leg Steak with Barbecue Sauce Recipe is the one of the recipe that i’ve made beside my Grilled Wagyu Beef Steak with Roasted Pepper Sauce once i meet up with my fellow foodblogger friend. I was spending my last three weeks on Jakarta, which means i had enought time to foraging for gourmet ingredients and meet up with another foodblogger. Once i was landed on Jakarta, i contact my fellow wordpress blogger, Tintin Samsyudin from Tinsyam.Wordpress.Com, she replied preety quickly then agreed to meet up in Dapur Bollywood, an authentic northen Indian cuisines restaurant on Pasar Festival Plaza, Jakarta. For my surprised, i thought she was about 25 to 30 years lady and actually she was much older than that. I simply thought that she’s younger because she wrote a hillarious fun post or food review on her Tinsyam blog. She was a generous and humbly american post-doctoral graduates who could interacted with any person at any ages. While enjoying my lamb biryani and chicken curry at Dapur Bollywood, she invited me to cook into her kitchen and had a wagyu beef fest with her several Indonesian postcrossing friends.
Tinsyam prepare a chicken biryani for our meet up lunch, beside she had wagyu topside steak and steak cut fatty lamb leg that already marinated ovenight before on her fridge. She challenged me to roast the lamb leg steak and the wagyu steak into perfection, the wagyu steak will be the next following recipe in Dentist Chef. Back into the lamb job, eversince the lamb leg is quite marbled, i prefer too slow cooked the lamb leg steak. Slow cook means a low heat (flame) with prolonged time for roasting the lamb leg to tenderize and rendered the fat within slowly throughly cook the meat. The basic technic for roasting meat that marinated with barbecue sauce is cleaned up or wipe out the barbeque sauce from the meat first before grilling or roasting to prevent the sauce burned out while cooking. Applied the barbecue sauce in the middle of the cooking right after the meat reach medium done, if you insist to appied the sauce from the early roasting, you will got a burned out and bitter barbecued lamb.
Roasting American lamb is preety easy, you could use either slow cooking or even rapid cooking. American lamb texture is very tender due to high fat ratio content, but it got a very very mild gamey lamb flavour. Slow roasting made the lamb well done and tender even more while high temperature roasting creates a crusted outer layer and tender medium done meat. I guess American lamb it’s a kinda lamb for the ladies and mostly gourmet meat store recommendation for anyone who didn’t like gameyflavour. As a lamb person, i love my lamb taste like a lamb with it’s natural gamey flavour. That’s why i prefer New Zealand lamb better than the American lamb because it’s more gamey, even it’s leaner and not as tender as American lamb. American lamb is more suits for dry coooking like roasting, grilling or pan searing because it’s very tender, while New Zealand lamb suits for wet cooking like stewing or braising.
Recipe Slow Roasted Lamb Leg Steak with Barbequed Sauce :
- 2 @ 250 gr lamb leg (steak cut)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grounded black peppercorn
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine (or any liquor you like)
- Rub the lamb leg steak with salt, black peppercorn, set aside
- Pour the barbecue sauce and red wine, then prick the lamb leg steak with fork to made the sauce penetrate better into the meat, let it marinated overnight in the fridge
- In the next morning, preheat the oven at 275 F (130 C)
- Wipe out the barbeque sauce from the lamb leg steak, pour the melted butter over it, set aside
- Heat up the olive oil in the skillet until sizzling hot, sear the lamb leg all over
- Put the lamb leg into the oven and roast it for about 10 minutes
- Brush out the barbeque sauce all over the lamb leg and roast for another 20 minutes for well done
- Serve it with mashed purple sweet potato and fresh green salad
- Pricking the meat made the barbeque sauce penetrate the meat better and made the steak tasty even more
- You must boil any sauce that contact with the raw meat before serving the sauce, instead you can get stomachache or worst salmonellosis.
You May Also Like :