Ravioli are a traditional type of Italian filled pasta. They are composed of a filling sealed between two layers of thin egg pasta dough and are served either in broth or with a sauce.For todays project, i’ve made spicy ravioli pasts with soft filling that consist ground chicken, parmigiano cheese, garlic and celery. Somehow, the powdered dried chilli pepper make some kick’in in this pasta, let’s try some….
look at that YuMmyLiciOUs Filling!!!!!!
To Make the Dough
- 1 cups (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 eggs
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 10 ml water
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli powder
- Extra flour on hand for dusting
To Make Chicken Parmigiana Cheese Filling
- 75 gr grounded chicken fillet
- 25 gr cheese( parmiggiano-reggiano/old parmesan)
- 25 gr finely chopped celery stick
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Make the ravioli filling.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly until you have a smooth, paste-like consistency.
Make the ravioli pasta
Mix all the ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Shape it into a ball, and place it on your work surface. Knead for at least 10 minutes or until it becomes elastic.
- Roll the dough in pasta maker, from no.1-6 or 7( ur choise of thickness)
- make sure ur pasta sheet lenght is enought for 4 or more ravioli.
- Take the ravioli filling and place a tablespoon of it in middle of a dough.
- Fill a small bowl with water, dip your fingers in, and moisten around the outer edge of the dough square.
- Fold the dough in half over the filling, making a half-moon shape. Be sure all the filling stays inside. Pinch the edges together and then seal the edges of the ravioli with your finger punch. Make sure to press firmly and go all the way around. This will add a “homemade” touch as well.
- Cut the edge with pasta cutter
- Repeat this process for all your dough square.
- Dust the finished ravioli with flour to keep them from sticking together.
- boil the ravioli pasta until your preference doneness, drain out and drizzle a little bit of olive oil
Now your Homemade Ravioli is ready to go with your favourite sauce…
- pesto, carbonara, tomato sauce, u named it…
- * i prefer to saute the ravioli pasta with some garlic, chopped plum tomato, shimeji mushroom and then ai add some white wine
You may Also Like :