Resep Angsio Hipio
The fish maw, swim bladder, gas bladder, or air bladder is an internal gas-filled organ that contributes to the ability of a fish to control its buoyancy to stay at the current water depth without having to waste energy in swimming. This fish maw function principles is applied on submarine ship. In some Asian cultures, the swim bladders of certain large fishes are considered a food delicacy. In China they are known as fish maw, 花膠/鱼鳔, Hipio or Hipiaw and are served in soups or stews.
In Chinese Tradition, fish maw considered as a luxury and pricey item and served on special occation like Chinese New Year or Wedding Ceremony. Fishmaw itself actually testeless but when cooked properly, fish maw takes on the flavour of the surrounding ingredients and release the collagen to make a superb broth. It is an excellent source of collagen, when purchased dried, it comes as a hard, solid, hollow, translucent tube or flatened and must be deep fried then soaked to soften before use. When it is cooked, it has a soft, slippery texture. Due to the tons of collagen on fish maw soup, it is belived that eating fish maw will improve and repair skin and, for pregnant women, the skin of their infant/children. Some also believe fish maw can help with fertility and will drink and eat fish maw when attempting to become pregnant.
Fish maws are sold dried in two forms, pre-deep fried or non-deep dried. Deep fried fish maws are puffy, light and look like a yellow sponge or pork/beef rind or ” Krecek” or beef skin rind in Indonesia. Non-deep dried fish maw is in poor translucent, stiff, and pale yellowish cream-colored sheets. Most recipes that require fish maw will tell you how to prepare it and they may vary. Some requires you to simmer it while others simply soak it using cold water. Basically, all fish maw should be deep-fried before anything else. If you bought the non-deep fried one, deep fry it in moderately hot oil until it puffs up and become white. Then soak it until pliable, rinse and scrub clean. Squeeze out the excess water after the soak to remove the oil. Repeat the soaking and squeezing process until you are comfortable with the level of its greasiness. Lastly, cut them into slices of desired size and they are good to go. If the fish maw smells fishy, you may want to deep fry it again so that it becomes fluffy and free from odor again. Alternatively, boil for 5 to 10 minutes with a stalk of scallion (spring onion) and a slice of ginger. Like the sea cucumber, it takes on the flavor of surrounding ingredients it is cooked with like a sponge. Fish maw is mostly used in soups and the delicious fish maw soup is often served in the Chinese households during their New Year Celebration.
Stuffed Fish Maw/ Hipio/Hipiaw Recipe :
- 50 gr pre-deep fried fish maw
- 50 gr fresh enoki mushroom
- 50 gr fresh woodear mushroom
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, slice thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mushroom sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 tsp maizena, dissolved with 1 tsp water
Fish Maw/ Hipio Meat Stuffing Recipe :
- 100 gr minced chicken/pork
- 100 gr mince beef
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili flake
- 1/4 tsp crushed szechuan peppercorn
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp maizena
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the fish maw till soft and blanch with hot boiling water. Drain, squeeze out the water
- Combine all stuffing ingredient, set aside
- Applied and stuffed the curled surface of the fish maw with stuffing mixture
- Stabbed the stuffing mixture to the fish maw with fork to make sure the suffing is sticked into the fish maw.
- Put the stuffed fish maw on a heatproof plate, steam over high heat until done about 12 minutes.
- Drained, cut the fish stuffed fish maw into pieces.
- Heat up oil in a sauce pan, sauce the onion and garlic until slightly browned.
- Put the enoki and wood ear muahrooms, saute another minute.
- Put all ingredients except the dissolved maizena, bring to boil, simmer until thicken
- Just before done, pur the maizena and stir until the sauce is thicker.
You May Also Like :
- Braised Mushrooms, Eggplan and Fish Maw in Oriental Style ala Dentist Chef
- Zhangcha Tea Smoked Duck (Goose) Recipe with Homemade Plum Sauce ala Dentist Chef
- Beggar Chicken / Ayam pengemis : Chinese New Year Recipes ala Dentist Chef
- Chinese Buddha Jump Over The Wall Soup (Shark Fin Soup/Buddha’s Delight) ala Dentist Chef
- Szechuan Style Lamb Skewer with Indonesian Peanut Satay Sauce (Resep Sate Kambing Sichuan Bumbu Kacang)
- Steamed Sea Scallop with Black Bean Sauce and Served with Rice Glass Vermicelli/ Bihoon
- Honey Blackpepper Deer Venison (Resep Rusa Madu Lada Hitam)
- Super Food: Black Garlic (Fermented) & Pan Seared Scallop ala Dentist Chef
- Japanese Spring Onion/Scallion/Leek Pancake ala Dentist Chef
- Steamed “Sun Hock” Marble Goby Fish with Preserved Fermented Soybean (Tauco/Miso) Paste
- Stir Fry Seitan (Gluten/ Vegetarian Meat) in Fermented Black Bean Sauce: Meatless Monday Features!
- Steamed Tiger Garoupa/Grouper with Tausi/ Fermented Black Bean and Egg Tofu (Resep Ikan Kerapu Tahu Tausi)