Fried Seabass in Black Cumin and Sesame Crusted Recipe with Roasted Rice Stuffed Jalapeno. Black sea bass (Centropristis striata) is an exclusively marine fish. It is a type of Grouper (Serranidae) found more commonly in northern than in southern ranges. It inhabits the coasts from Maine to NE Florida and the eastern Gulf of Mexico. There are three large biomass populations of black sea bass—the Mid-Atlantic stock, from Cape Cod in Massachusetts to Cape Hatteras in North Carolina, the South Atlantic stock, from Cape Hatteras to the southern tip of the Florida peninsula, and the Gulf of Mexico stock, from the southern tip of the Florida peninsula to Texas. They can be found in inshore waters (bays and sounds) and offshore in waters up to a depth of 130 m (425 ft). They spend most of their time close to the sea floor and are often congregated around bottom formations such as rocks, man-made reefs, wrecks, jetties, piers, and bridge pilings.
This fish is much more expensive than wild salmon fillet that ruin your pocket arond 25 USD per kg. This baby boy is cost avout 30 USD for ONLY 350 grams. Two lovely seabass fillet with around 175 grams each. I can get this two pieces fillet with vaccum packed fom a local hotel supplier and i was saving to get that in my hand..Hehehe, but it totally worthed. The first dish i cooked with seabass fillet is Resep Pan Fried Pistachio Crusted Black Seabass Fillet ala Dentist Chef.
Ikan seabass adalah sejenis ikan mahal yang sering disajikan dalam makan malam resmi atau fine dining di restoran fancy. Fillet ikan ini berwarna putih and memiliki tekstur pada dan rasa yang sangat gurih. Seperti kebanyakan seafood lainnya, cara memasak ikan ini adalah metode cepat karena anda pasti tidak akan mau mengeluarkan dana lebih untuk daging ikan yang kering jika fillet ikan ini overooked. Oleh sebab itu timing adalah kunci sukses memasak fillet ikan
- 2 boneless skinless blackseabass fillet, i use only 1
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp black cumin
- 1 tbsp black sesame
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil (olive oil with sprayer)
- 1 tbsp garam masala, Seasoning Herbs & Spice mixture : pinch of blackpepper,cumin, fennel seed, caraway, rosemarry, thyme, green cardamon husk, grind into fine powder
black sesame and black cumin for seabass fillet crusted, can you note the diffrence ?
Roasted jalapeno pepper with roasted pumpin rice recipe :
- 1 mediun size jalapeno pepper
- 3 tbsp mashed roasted pumpkin
- 2 tbsp cooked rice
- 1 tsp butter/margarin
- salt and pepper to taste
roasted jalapeno pepper with rosted pumpkin and rice stuffing !
Pumpkin Purée recipe :
- 100 gr roasted pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste.
Reduced Balsamic Vinegar:
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
1. How to make pumpkin Purée :
- Put roasted pumpkin, heavy cream and butter in blender, proccess until had a smooth consistency.
- Strained through sieve, set aside and keep warm
2. How to make balsamic vinegar Reduction :
- Mix balsamic vinegar and honey on a heavy bottom non stick sauce pan,
- bring to boil, reduce with a very low heat untih thicken into half amount, set aside
3. How to make roasted jalapeno pepper with roasted pumpin rice recipe :
- Cut the top of the part of jalapeno pepper, deseeded,
- Rub with salt all over the jalapeno pepper, washed in running water, drained
- Combine the roast pumpkin, rice, cream, butter, salt and pepper
- Put the stuffing mixture in the jalapeno pepper cavity
- Applied the toothpick from the top throug the bottom of the jalapeno pepper
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes in 200 degree celcius.
- Set aside, keep warm
- remove the tooth pick before serving
4. How to make Pan seared seabass with black cumin and black sesame crusted :
- Season the fish fillet with spice & herbs mixture, salt and lime juice, marinade about 15 minutes
- Applie the dijon mustard in the skin side, dip into the mixture of black sesame and black cumin.
- Heat the olive oil until smoking hot, seared the skin side of the fish for 2 minutes, flip over and seared another 2 minutes
- Remove the fish fillet from the, serve with roasted jalapeno, pumpkin puree and balsamic reduction