Smoked Lamb Rack or lamb chop with porcini mushrooms crusted is an easy recipe with a fancy restaurant looking dish. The porcini mushooms crusted within the smoked lamb rack or lamb chop made an earthy and pungent mushrooms fragrance along with the smoky flavour. I guess no one could regret this, even for a non-lamb person. As a lamb person, i love to cook and also eat lamb all the way. Roasted, grilled, stewed and you name it. Luckily,when i checked to my fellow friends blog, she made a smoked lamb leg with rosemarry rubs, wow it’s sound great since any gamey meat is suits with smoking technique. It’s a kinda shame on me, since i’m a huge fans of lamb and never even thought to smoked it before. Ever since i’m made my homemade smoked salmon, homemade smoked beef and homemade tea smoked goose, i’ve always craving for homemade smoking without smokers house, just using a simple old crockpot.
Porcini mushrooms powder crusted lamb rack or lamb chop is a popular in western style cuisine, especially in France, Italy and Spain, the producent of porcini mushrooms. Actually porcini mushrooms powder is not only great for crusted, but also for stuffing like my Chicken Ballotine Recipe with Spinach, Minced Chicken and Porcini Mushrooms Powder Stuffing. Porcini mushrooms (Boletus Edulis ) is an edible mushroom with a very potent mushrooms aroma. The dried porcini mushrooms is considered as delicacy and fancy gourmet ingredient. Powdered dried porcini is good for sauce flavouring, rubs and make an intense mushroom aromas in pasta, pie filling etc. Btw, this is my first ebay ingrident that succesfully shipped from Italy. Porcini mushrooms is quite pricey, it s only 20 grams and cost me about 20 USD for shipped that to Indonesia, well the 6 USD of it for international shipping cost. When i first toasted the mushrooms, the kitchen is smells so good with a very deep and earthy aromas . I guess the mushrooms worth for the price when i processed that info powder, preety damn good ingredient!!!. First trial of my new kitchen ingredient is to make a crusted layer on smoked lamb chop.
Homemade Smoking Lamb Rack or Lamb Chop is actually so easy. Just like my homemade tea smoked salmon, tea smoked lamb rack needed prior lamb rack surface drying out to make a pellicle first. The Pellicle layer is needed to mantain and keep the juice inside the meat and not dripping out during the smoking process. After slighly curing the lamb chop with powdered porcini and cajun seasoning, the lamb chop patted dry with clean paper towel and laid in front of fan or air conditioner for about 20 minutes to dried out the surface. You can made this happed by put the cured lamb uncovered in the fridge overnight prior to smoking. Usually i use rice as a homemade smoked agent, but since my grandmas is concern on “wasting” for smoking agent, she ask me to use my leftover dried corn from feeding the goose for my Confit d’Oie/Goose Confit. The dried corn works well as smoking agent. Beside changing the smoking agent, today i try to smoked the lamb leg in a very low flame to infused the smoke flavour to the lamb chop even better. After that, i dragged the smoked lamb chop in a powdered porcini mushroom then pan fried it to make a crusted porcini mushroom layer.
Saffron infused polenta is a great pairing for this tea smoked lamb rack. The basic recpe for making saffron polenta is so simple, you need to follow the package instruction adn add the saffron in the cooking process. For enrich the dish flavour, i add tangy and refreshing burst of cherry tomato concase with a little touch of cayenne or chili pepper. It’s all easy, fancy and heavently lamb recipe!
Porcini Mushrooms Crusted Lamb Chop Recipe:
- 2 @125 gr lamb chop
- 1 tbsp porcini mushrooms powder
- smoked seasalt and black peppercorn to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil for pan frying
Smoked lamb recipe:
- a handfull of uncooked dried corn (you can use rice)
- cinnamon, break into small pieces
- star anise, break into smal pieces
- 1 tbsp szechuan peppercorn
- 1 tbsp sugar
Homemade Smoked Lamb Curing Recipe:
- 1/2 tsp ground tea smoked salt
- 1 tbsp porcini mushroom powder
- 1/2 tsp grounded white peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning powder (i use Mc.Cormic)
How to Make Smoked Lamb Chop:
- Apply all curing ingredient to the lamb chop, put in the fridge, cure for about 12 hours, flip it over every 2 hours.
- Pat dry the lamb chop, some people like to gently washed it with slow running water, but i prefer not to do it
- Put the lamb hop into a metal rack.
- Set your fan or air conditioner into the higest and expose the lamb cop directly to the winds for about 10 minutee until the surface had a perfect dried pellicle layer.
- Flip it once and expose it with the winds another 10 minutes.
- Wrap the lamb chop with alumuniun foil and freezer and let it rest to half frozen*optional
- Meanwhile, scatter the smoking angent in the bottom of the pot
- Set your stove to the highest flame until the smoke released from the pot, set it into the lowest flame
- Put a porcelain bowl/cup that filled with ice cube( this is to needed to lower the temperature a lil bit) then put in in the center of the pot
- Take a wire rack ( i lost mine, so i use a clean glass ashtray) then stage it above the frozen cup and close it with the glass cover.
- Let the lamb smoked for about 10 minutes, it depends on the thickness of your lamb chop
How To Make Porcini Mushroom Crusted Smoked Lamb Chop”
- Mix the porcini mushrooms powder with smoked sea salt and black peppercorn
- Rub that mixture evenly to the smoked lamb chop
- Meanwhile, heat up the olive oil in the stainless steel pan
- pan fried the the smoked lamb until the surface had a nice golden brown porcini mushrooms crusted
- Served with *Saffron Infused Polenta and Spicy Tomato Concase
Saffron Infused Polenta Recipe
- Put 1/2 cup polenta and 2 cup chicken stock in a heavy bottom sauce pan, bring to boil
- Season with salt, pepper and a pich of saffron
- Add 2 tbsp heavy cream, simmer and continue stirring until the polent is throughly cooked and had a thick consistency
- Baby red spinach
- Black truffle oil
- Cherry tomato confit
- Peugaga leaves
You May Also Like :