Resep Ketan Isi Ayam dan Jamur
Glutinous rice /sticky rice (Oryza sativa var. glutinosa or Oryza glutinosa; also called sweet rice, waxy rice, botan rice, biroin chal, mochi rice, and pearl rice, and pulut) is a type of Asian rice that is especially sticky when cooked. It is called glutinous (< Latin glūtinōsus)in the sense of being glue-like or sticky and not in the sense of containing gluten. While called “sticky”, it is not to be confused with the other varieties of Asian rice, which become sticky to one degree or another when cooked. Glutinous rice does not contain dietary gluten (i.e. does not contain glutenin and gliadin), and should be safe for gluten-free diets. It is distinguished from other types of rice by having no (or negligible amounts of) amylose, and high amounts of amylopectin (those are the two components of starch). Amylopectin is responsible for the sticky quality of glutinous rice. The difference has been traced to a single mutation that was selected for by farmers.
Glutinous rice can be used either milled or unmilled (that is, with the bran removed or not removed). Milled glutinous rice is white in color and fully opaque (unlike non-glutinous rice varieties, which are somewhat translucent when raw), whereas the bran can give unmilled glutinous rice a purple or black color. Black and purple glutinous rice are distinct strains from white glutinous rice. In developing Asia, there is little regulation. Governments have issued advisories about toxic dyes being added to color adulterated rice. Both black and white glutinous rice can be cooked as grains or ground into flour and cooked as a paste or gel.
In Indonesia, there is a popular dish called lemper. Lemper is cooked glutinous rice with shredded meat inside and wrapped in banana leaves, popular in Java. The Chinese dish, nuòmǐ fàn (糯米飯), is steamed glutinous rice usually cooked with Chinese sausage, chopped Chinese mushrooms, chopped barbecue pork and optionally dried shrimp or scallop (recipe varies depending on the cook’s preference). Zongzi (Traditional Chinese 糭子/糉子, Simplified Chinese 粽子) is a Chinese dumpling consisting of glutinous rice and sweet or savory fillings wrapped in leaves, which is then boiled or steamed, commonly eaten during the Dragon Boat Festival. No mai gai (糯米雞) is a dim sum dish consisting of steamed glutinous rice with chicken in a lotus-leaf wrap and steamed. It is served as a dim sum dish in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Recipe Steamed Glutinous/ Sticky Rice Roll with Chicken & Mushroom Filling :
1 cup sticky rice, soaked overnight, drained, set aside
1/2 cup coconut oil
salt n pepper to taste
1/2 cup sesame seed, toasted until nice golden brown
1 banana leaf, cut 20 cm long, toasted on hot skillet until soften enough to rolled it out.
- 1o0 gr grounded chicken
- 50 gr woodear mushroom, sliced thinly
- 50 gr shiitake mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped red chilli
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tsp chinese wine/ angciu
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Steamed Glutinous/ Sticky Rice Roll with Chicken & Mushroom Filling Recipe:
- Boil coconut milk and add salt & pepper, put the sticky rice in the boiling coconut milk and stirring constantly until all the liquid absorbed.
- Put the rice in a bowl, set aside. Meanwhile mix all the filling ingredient
- Put the banana leaf in your work surface, applied sticky rice on banana leaf and fhe filling in the center
- Roll the banana to make fine cillinder tube. Thigh up the banana leaf and steam the tube for about 30-45 minutes until cooked through
- Before serving, open up the banan leaf and roll up the sticky rice dumpling on the sesame seed to cover all the surface
- Cut into bite size, serve immediately
You May Also Like :
- Japanese Spring Onion/Scallion/Leek Pancake ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Dimsum Kuo Tie/Jiaozi/Gyoza Isi Udang, Ayam, Rebung dan Jamur (Chinese Pot Sticker Dumpling)
- Resep Dimsum Kembang Tahu (Douhua/Beancurd Flower) ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Bakpao Ayam Szechuan Pedas ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Dimsum Bakpao Mawar (step by step) ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Dimsum Ceker Merah ala Dentist Chef