Resep Nasi Italia dengan Tinta Cumi
Arròs Negro or Arroz Negre Recipe. Arròs negre (Valencian pronunciation: [aˈrɔz ˈneɣɾe], Spanish: arroz negro) is a Valencian and Catalan dish made with cuttlefish (or squid) and rice, somewhat similar to seafood paella. Some mistakenly call it paella negra (black paella in Spanish), however it is traditionally not called a paella even though it is prepared in the same manner. Arròs negre should not be confused with black rice, the collective name for several cultivars of heirloom rice that have a naturally dark color.
The traditional recipe for this dish calls for squid ink, cuttlefish or squid, white rice, garlic, green cubanelle peppers, sweet paprika, olive oil and seafood broth. However, many cooks add other seafood as well, such as crab and shrimp, as the photo to the right suggests. The dish’s dark color comes from squid ink which also enhances its seafood flavor.In addition to Valencia and Catalonia, this dish is popular in Cuba and Puerto Rico where on both islands it is known as arroz con calamares (rice with squid in Spanish). I like to add some smoked paprika powder instead of regular paprika powder as my personal touch to the arroz negre. The deep smokey flavour suits with the smells of squid ink and bring some brown color to the dish.
Arròz Negro Recipe (Black Squid Ink Italian Paella):
- 150 gr short grain rice, soaked 30 minutes before cooking time, drained
- 200 gr squid/cuttlefish (2 medium cuttlefish), peeled, sliced
- 2-3 squid ink sack
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 3 tbsp parmagianno-reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 1 small size carrot, chopped
- 2 chillies/cayenne pepper, finely chopped
- 1.5 liter of fish broth
- 2 tbs of finely chopped parsley
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Heat uphe oil in a frying pan, saute the garlic,onion and spring onion until slighly browned.
- Add the carrot and cayenne pepper, saute another minutes.
- Add the rice and saute another 2 minutes and then pour the white wine, let it absorbed.
- Add the squid ink, stir throughly
- Add the squid, saute about 1 minutes then add the broth, smoked paprika powder, salt and pepper then bring it to boil
- Add the chopped tomato.
- Add the parmaggiano-reggiano cheese
- Continue simmer the rice without the lid until the rice is nearly done
- Put the squid back to the pan and cover with lid, simmer another 2 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes, serve hot with springkled parsley and parmaggiano-reggianno cheese
You may Also Like :
- Milanese Risotto with Saffron Yoghurt Roasted Ribs and Thai Basil Oil ala Dentist Chef
- Lamb Biryani Rice Recipe(Middle East Style) / Resep Nasi Biryani Arab ala Dentist Chef
- Seafood Paella Recipe (step by step), Saffron Infused Rice with Giant Head Prawn, Mussles and Blue Crab
- Resep Pasta Spaghetti Con Le Sarde ( Pasta with Sardine Fish) ala Dentist Chef