Resep Ikan Betutu/Ikan Malas Tim/Kukus Tauco
Marble Goby Fish or Oxyeleotris marmorata, the marbled sleeper or marbled gudgeon, or Soon Hock in Cantonese, Betutu or ketutu fish in Indonesian is a widely distributed species of freshwater fish in the family Eleotridae. It lives in the Mekong and Chao Praya basins, rivers and other water bodies in Malaysia, Singapore, Indochina, Philippines and Indonesia. It is probably the largest Gobioid fish, reaching up to 65 cm (26 in) in length.
pop out flesh is the sign for a very fresh succulent steamed fish
This species is an economically important fish in Southeast Asia, especially in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia. It is highly popular among the Chinese community due to its fine texture, tasty white flesh and is believed to have healing properties. It is said, best eaten after surgeries or childbirths. Some says it can lead to prolonged life. In Malaysia, commercialization of this type of fish is not widely established. Demands are largely dependent on wild populations thus fetching high prices in the market.
Keep the marble goby fish or soon hock in clean water tank 2- 3 days before steaming to remove the fishy odor
The local Indonesian names for Marble goby is betutu, bakut, bakutut, belosoh , boso, boboso, bodobodo, ikan bodoh, gabus bodoh, ikan sioto, ketutuk, ikan malas, ikan hantu or ghost fish. Marble goby derived from the marble stone colored skin. This fish is ultimately pricey because it’s white and succulent meat and rarely farm raised because the fish neglect a commercial pellet . Marble goby like live catch for their prey and it’s become a cost production problems.
It’s ugly fish for being pricey, but it’s worth every cent…..
1marble goby/ ikan betutu, about 700 gr, cleaned, buterflied from the belly bottom
Marinade : 1 tbsp lemon juice + 1 tbsp chopped ginger+ 1 tbsp chopped garlic
3 cherry tomatoes,finely chopped
3 bird eyechili, finely chopped
1 tbsp tauco/ fermented soybean paste
1 tbs of rock sugar
2 tbs of premium light soy sauce
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
2 tbsp of angciu /Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cm knob of ginger, chopped
Garnish: spring onion, Julienned, soaked in ice water until it become to curl.
- Rub the fish lighly with marinade, set aside
- Saute ginger, garlic, chilies and the rest ingredient until fragrant, set aside
- Put the fish in steaming pyrex bowl, steam the fish about 2 minutes until half done, discard the liquid
- Add the sauteed mixture, spread all over the fish.
- Steam the bowl in your highest fire for about 5 minutes
- Put the fish in a serving plate, garnish with spring onion
You May Also Like :
- Garlic n Ginger Paste Steamed Marble Goby a.k.a Soon Hock Fish( ikan malas tim bawang putih dan jahe)
- Steamed Marble Goby Fish a.k.a Soon Hock Fish in Teow Cheow Style (ikan malas tim tio ciu)
- Resep Ayam Kampung Tim Tahu & Jamur Tausi (Steamed Chicken with Fermented Black Bean & Mushroom)
- Chinese Silver Pomfret: Steamed with Preserve Black Bean (Tausi) and 3 kinds mushrooms
- Resep Ikan Gurame Tim/ Steam Hongkong ala Dentist Chef
- Steamed Tiger Garoupa/Grouper with Tausi/ Fermented Black Bean and Egg Tofu (Resep Ikan Kerapu Tahu Tausi)
- Zhangcha Tea Smoked Duck (Goose) Recipe with Homemade Plum Sauce ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Kepiting / Rajungan Cabe Hijau (Steamed Blue Crab in Green Chillies)
- Roasted Pigeon (Squab) with Spicy Szechuan Style Seasoning
- Dimsum Recipe: Steamed Glutinous/ Sticky Rice with Chicken & Mushroom Filling ala Dentist Chef
- Steamed Sea Scallop with Black Bean Sauce and Served with Rice Glass Vermicelli/ Bihoon
- Beggar Chicken / Ayam pengemis : Chinese New Year Recipes ala Dentist Chef