Lamb ṭikka masālā is roasted “Tikka” lamb with Spicy Seasoning”Masala”. The tikka masala seasoning sauce is usually had a reddish orange colour with creamy, spiced and sourish taste. Chicken tikka masala is one of the most popular indian dish around the world. Tikka masala paste is made of yoghurt, homemade garam masala, tomatoes puree, coconut cream and various spices. The sauce had vibrant orange coloured derived using saffron, turmeric powder, paprika powder . The reddish color comes from cayyenne pepper or chillies powder and tomato puree.
I’m a lamb person, can’t believe that i’ve missed a month without any lamb dish. The last lamb dish that i’ve had is lamb curry with roti canai (pratha bread) in indian restaurant. Today’s project is grilled lamb with homemade tikka masala. Make sure that you’ve using a thick youghurt to the paste. No need to add tenderizer since yoghurt had lactic acid that can break the meat collagen protein and turned into a very tender piece of meat. You can marinade the lamb meat or chicken in the tikka masala paste for about 6 hours prior to overnight and no more than that because the meat will dry off while grilling. i use lamb loin for this recipe, but you can use chicken or even goat to this recipe.
I like to serve lamb or other gamey meat with someting refreshing relish or dipping sauce. Since i had left over youghurt from making a tikka masala, i turned it into nice and creamy dippind sauce with spicy and kicking taste. Nothing better than aromatic basil, chilli and turmeric flower. i brought this turmeric flower the day before, and chopped just before serving. Turmeric flower or blossom is usually eaten raw here as lalapan as accompanion for sambal in indonesia. Turmeric blossom had a greeny white color with mild scent of turmeric and had a tangy spicy and sour aftertaste. Another thing i like from turmeric blossom is the texture is crunchy while it still fresh. Besides the yoghurt dip, i serve the tikka masala lamb loin with indian flat bread. You can wrap the lamb tikka masala with indian flat bread and dipped into the spicy yoghurt sauce before eat it out.
Tikka Masala Paste Recipe :
- 3 tbsp Homemade Garam Masala
- 2/3 cup Thick Plain Yogurt
- 1 Onion
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes( or using 3 large tomato, pureed)
- a pinch of Saffron
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper Powder (bubuk cabe)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3 cm Ginger, pureed
Lamb/ Mutton Tikka Masala Recipe:
- 500 gr lamb loin, cut into thick strip (2x2x6 cm)
- 1 cup tikka masala paste
- 3 Tbsp melted Ghee/ Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Indian Flat Bread Recipe :
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp homemade garam masala
- 3/4 cup water (might need more)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 red onion, coarsedly chopped (save the inner little ring for presentation)
- 1/4 cup basil leafes, coarsedly chopped
- 1/2 large ripe tomato, deseeded and coarsedly chopped
- 6 or more bird eye chillies coarsedly chopped
- 1 turmeric blossom/ flower, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Indian Flat Bread Recipe:
- In the food processor combine the yeast, sugar, flour, salt and garam masla. Pulse to combine.
- Add the water in until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Turn it on to a board and knead with the heel of your hand until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Put in a warm place to rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch out the dough, knead it into a smooth ball.
- Devided into 10 pieces and with a rolling pin roll out to form very flat 5 to 6-inch circles.
- Preheat teflon pan over medium high. Cook without touching it until bubbles appearence, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip it over and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until bread has puffed up. Serve immediately.
How To Make Spicy Yoghurt Dipping Sauce Recipe:
- Combine all ingredient, mix well
- Chilled before serving
How To Make Lamb Tikka Masala:
- Combine the lamb loin meat with tikka masala paste, combine well
- Drizzle with melted butter, marinade overnight in the the fridge
- Set your grilling into hottest as possible, meanwhile put the marinated meat on a skewer
- Grill the tikka masala marinated lamb loin about 2-3 minutes each side to your preference doness.
You May Also Like :
- Pistachio Crusted Lamb Chop/Rack with Feta Cheese & Spinach Stuffing
- Braised Lamb Shank with Baked White/ Navy Bean and Red Kidney Bean
- Szechuan Style Lamb Skewer with Indonesian Peanut Satay Sauce (Resep Sate Kambing Sichuan Bumbu Kacang)
- Resep Lamb Chop: Pan Grilled,served with Tomato Concase and Butter Garlic Couscous ala Dentist Che
- Resep Iga Sapi Bakar Bumbu Cabe Hijau (Grilled Beef Ribs in Spicy Green Chilli Sauce)
- Braised Lamb Shank with Tomato and Chillies, served with Carrot Purée and Basil Oil ala Dentist Chef
- Homemade Garam Masala (Indian Spice) From Scratch ala Dentist Chef
- Lamb Biryani Rice Recipe(Middle East Style) / Resep Nasi Biryani Arab ala Dentist Chef
- Honey Blackpepper Deer Venison (Resep Rusa Madu Lada Hitam)
- Resep Daging Rusa Masak Jamur Berbumbu Wijen (Stir Fried Venison Deer with Mushrooms & Sesame Paste )
- Braised Beef Short Ribs in Red Curry (Resep Iga Sapi Kuah Kari)
- Goat Head Curry/ Gulai Kepala Kambing ala Dentist Chef
- Middle East Recipe : Baba Ganoush (Grilled Egplan Dip) & Crispy Spiced Tortilla Bread ala Dentist Chef
- Indonesian Nasi Goreng Cabe Hijau (Green Chillies Fried Rice) ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Garam Masala Roasted Ribs (Iga Sapi Panggang Bumbu Garam Masala India)