Resep Sate/ Kebab Ayam dengan Salsa Tomat dan Daun Mint serta Saus Thailand
Kebab is a wide variety of skewered meals originating in the Middle East and later on adopted in Balkans, the Caucasus other parts of Europe, as well as Central and South Asia, that are now found worldwide. In English, kebab with no qualification generally refers more specifically to shish kebab (Turkish: “şiş kebap“) served on the skewer. In the Middle East, however, kebab refers to meat that is cooked over or next to flames; large or small cuts of meat, or even ground meat; it may be served on plates, in sandwiches, or in bowls. The traditional meat for kebab is lamb, but depending on local tastes and religious prohibitions, it may now be beef, goat, chicken or fish. Like other ethnic foods brought by travellers, the kebab has become part of everyday cuisine in many countries around the globe.
Mix and match or fusion is one of my concern in the kitchen. I find so many of there unique and plateable dish through your preference licking. Keep experiment and find your own suites ! I find that Middle East Chicken kebab with a touch of Indian Garam Masala is perfect with tomato and mint salsa derived from western kitchen. Accompenied of thai dipping sauce bring the dish hint into your taste buds even more.
chicken kebab on grill, smells the goodness!
Chicken kebab :
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cubed 2 cm
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Tomato Mint Salsa :
- 4 cerry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chopped fesh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp sliced shallot
- 1/2 tbsp chopped bird eye chillies
- 1 tsp lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp salt
Thai dipping Sauce :
- 1 tsp thai chilli paste or dried chiili flakes
- 1/2 tsp thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp tamarin juice from 1 tamarin fruit dissolved with 2 tbsp hot water
How to make grilled chicken kebab:
- Mixed chicken, garam masala, salt and olive oil, set aside and marinated about 1 hour.
- Put the cubed chicken breast in bamboo or metal skewers.
- Grilled until done within about 2 minutes each side, dipending on your cubed chicken breast thickness. make sure it’s well done to prevent salmonellosis
How to make Tomato Mint Salsa :
- Mixed all ingredient in a glass bowl, squased a little bit with spoon to let the tomato, shallot and mint juices driven out.
- Keep it refrigerates before serving.
How to make Thai Dipping Sauce :
- Mixed all ingredient in a sauce pan, bring to boil.
- Served in room temperature.
- When you use bamboo skewer, soaked it first in water about 15 minutes to prevent it’s burned up when grilling.
- Keep the cooked chicken kebab on warmer or wrap in alumunium foil to keep it warm, you don’t wanna eat it cold.
- Add oil in the chicken mixture instead on the grilling pan or grilling net.
- Don’t flip the chicken kebab when it uncooked or evenly, it will stick on the grilling net. The cooked meat won’t stick on grilling net
You May also Like :