A marlin or sailfish, family Istiophoridae, is a fish with an elongated body, a spear-like snout or bill, and a long rigid dorsal fin, which extends forward to form a crest. Its common name is thought to derive from its resemblance to a sailor’s marlinspike. The Atlantic blue marlin (Makaira nigricans) is a species of marlin endemic to the Atlantic Ocean. The Atlantic blue marlin (hereafter, marlin) feeds on a wide variety of organisms near the surface. It uses its bill to stun, injure, or kill while knifing through a school of prey, then returns to eat. Marlin is a popular game fish. The relatively high fat content of its meat makes it commercially valuable in certain markets.
Marlin are rarely table fare, appearing mostly in fine restaurants. Most modern sport fishermen release marlin after unhooking. Luchy me i can bring this fish on my plate. I like fine dining style home cooking, plating and combining the side is one of my passion lately. I buy marlin fillet yesterday and simply seared it to perection. I add some thai style chili & lemongrass sauce to accompenied. The creamy and fragrant sliced black garlic make the flavour rich even more. Ever since i’ve posted Super Food: Black Garlic (Fermented) & Pan Seared Scallop ala Dentist Chef, ilike to try out another menu that fit on exotic black garlic.
Pan Seared Marlin Fish Steak:
- 1 steak cut marlin fish about 200 gr
- 1 stp lenon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp EVOO
Black Garlic, Chili and Lemongrass Sauce :
- 2 cloves black garlic,slice
- 1/2 tsp chopped red chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped lemongrass, soft white part only!
- 1 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup white wine/ rice wine
- salt, sugar and pepper to taste
Reduced Balsamic Vinegar:
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
Aglio Olio Spaghetti :
- 100 gr spaghetti, boil with pack instruction
- 2 tsp chopped union
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped basil leaf
- 2 tsp chopped red chilli
- 4 tsp grape seed oil
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Side and garnish :
- Aglio olio spaghetti (Recipes)
- crushed cashew nuts
- micro greens
- thinly sliced purple cabbage
1. Make basamic vinegar reduction:
- Mix balsamic vinegar and honey on a heavy bottom non stick sauce pan, bring to boil, reduce with a very low heat untih thickeninto half, set aside
2. Make black garlic, chilli and lemongrass sauce :
- Heat up the EVOO, saute black garlic, lemon grass and chilli until fragrant with low heat, don’t get browned!
- Add the white wine/rice wine and seasoning, bring to boil.
- Simmer with low heat until thicken, keep it warm untill served
3. Make aglio olio spaghetti :
- Heat the oil in a wok pan
- Stir all the onion, garlic, and chilli untill nice brown colour
- Add the pasta and stir fry for 3 minutes, add the seasoning
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley for the last touch.
- Keep it warm untill served
Pan seared marlin steak:
- Season the marlin fillet with salt and black pepper, drizzle with EVOO and lemon juice
- Sear the marlin fillet on a skillet 2 minutes each side
- Keep it warm until served
Put all element on the plate, and serve immediately!
You May Also Like :
- Super Food: Black Garlic (Fermented) & Pan Seared Scallop ala Dentist Chef
- Grilled Cajun Style Tuna Steak with Creamy Dill Sauce ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Pistachio Nuts Crusted Black Seabass Fish Fillet ala Dentist Chef
- Chicken Kebab with Tomato Mint Salsa and Thai Dipping Sauce: IT’S FUSION TIMES !
- Beggar Chicken / Ayam pengemis : Chinese New Year Recipes ala Dentist Chef
- Resep Spaghetti with Spicy Tuna Sauce, Runny Egg Yolk & Parmaggiano-Reggianno Cheese