Salmon Sous Vide with Orange Lemon Sauce, Served with Black Rice Salad. The fillet of salmon trout fish rolled and stuffed with bean curd or tofu skin then slowly cooked in low temperature waterbath, seared with blowtorch and cut, paired with black rice salad This is a healthy, tasty and elegant dish, packed with bursting flavour and contain high protein, fibers and nutritional values, and also low calories!
Just like my previously Sous Vide Eel Fillet Recipe, i’m using beer cooler for sousvide my salmon villet rollade. Instead of beer cooler, any kind of heat insulating chamber is good to sous vide fish fillet; thermos, dewar flask or vacuum flask, as long the chamber is big enought to completely submerging the entire fish fillet and also to mantaining the temperature for extended periods of time.
Sous vide salmon or other fish with beer cooler is a very simple task; simply fill up your beer cooler with water just a couple degrees higher than the temperature you’d like to cook your food at (to account for temperature loss when you add cold food to it), seal your food in a plastic ziplock bag, drop it in, and close your beer cooler until your food is cooked. You can simply adjust the temperature to your preference with hot water after the waterbath temperature drop about (1-2)°C after 1 hour soaking your salmon fillet, that’s why it’s better you use a good insulating beer cooler. Yup, it is that simple!!!
The salmon stuffed with spicy tofu skin or bean curd which cooked with kecap manis or Indonesian sweet soy sauce. Tofu skin, yuba, bean curd skin, bean curd sheet, or bean curd robes are films collected During the boiling of soy milk in an open shallow pan while in the process or making tofu, the film and dried into yellowish sheets known as tofu skin. The tofu skin soaked overnight in a fridge just before cooking, then slowly braised with sauteed garlic, shallots, oyster sauce, soy sauce and kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce).
The black rice salad consist pluffy and tender cooked black rice, blanched chayote shoots, orange pulp, sous vide baby carrot, pickled silver skin onion, blanched winged beans, beansprout and edible black mustard blossom. You can put anything you want on your black rice, the more color the veggies the better. I recommend any kind of root vegetables like parnisp, beet root,cherry belle radish, daikon radish, it’s blended well with black rice salad.
The black rice salad for serving the sous vide salmon rollade tender cooked black rice in a room temperature, served along pickled silver skin onion that gives an extra tangy n spicy flavour. The lettuce gives an extra crisp to enlighten the salad texture. Pulp of Navel orange gives a bursting sweet citrusy flavour once it pop out in the mouth, to let the black rice didn’t too starchy. The dressing for my black rice salad is very simple, a classic asian style dressing consist of soy sauce, avocado oil and aged rice vinegar.
The Orange-Lemon sauce for the salmon sous vide is pretty basic. I like the orange and lemon balance and the flavour didn’t overpowering each other. My favourite ratio is two part orange and one part lemon, so every two cups of orange juice you need only one cup of leon juice, but for the zest i like to add 1:1.
Making the lemon orange sauce for salmon sous vide is easy. First you need to melt butter in a skillet then add chopped garlic and onion. Saute the onion until translucent but not browned, add a tablespoon of all purpose flour to make some roux and saute until the flour is not smells raw without browned it in a very low flame for about 2 minutes, then 2 cups of orange juice and one cup of lemon juice added, stirred it well to prevent any lump on it.The orange-lemon sauce then seasoned with salt pepper, and sugar (you can use honey instead) and reduced a little bit then once it cooked, add the orange and lemon zest. You can served the orange lemon sauce directly or you can sieved it first.
Sous Vide Rolled Salmon Fillet, Stuffed with Braised Tofu Skin :
- 1 Pound (500 gr) salmon fillet, cut into 15 cm long fillet
- 1 cup braised tofu skin with soy sauce
- 1/2 grams genuine Spanish saffron
- 10 grams fresh basil leaves, patted dry, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp kaffir lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Ziplock plastic bag
Garnish : Black Mustard Blossoms, Micro Green Herbs and Micro Red Amaranth
How to Make Sous Vide Beef Brisket Steak Using Rice Cooker:
- Season the salmon fillet generously with kaffir lime juice, salt, and pepper, let it sit marinated in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Patted dry the salmon fish fillet then spoon the braised tofu skin over the salmon fillet, Rolled the fillet and make sure there’s no air poket inside
- Rolled the eel fish fillet on a genuine Spanish saffron until it covering the salmon fillet generously
- Lay the salmonfish fillet in a cling wrap plastic then rolled it over, thighten the end to make a nice cillindrical shape
- Let the is in the fridge for another 2 hours until set, cut the end then put it in a ziplock bag and then pour the olive oil
- Submerged the ziplock bag in the water partially to pushed the air out ouf it.
- Secure the ziplock seal once the air removed from the bag
- Place ziplock packed saffron seasoned salmon fillet in the preheated beer cooler waterbath in 42°C (i assume the temperature will drop to 40C after a couple minutes the salmon fish added)
- Let it sit in the waterbath for 1 hours, put some weight to let the bag completely submerged.
- Take away the sous vide salmonfish fillet bag from the beer cooler waterbath, set aside until it reach room temperature
- Pop out the sous vide salmon fish fillet from the ziplock bag, patted dry a little bit
- Seared the rolled salmon sous vide until slighly browned and toasted with blowtorch flames.
- Served the the Soy Sauce Braised Tofu Skin Stuffed Salmon Rolade Sous Vide with the black rice salad , sous vide baby carrot, beluga caviar, micro herbs, shaved Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese and lemon orange sauce
Recipe Orange Lemon Sauce:
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- salt, pepper, sugar/honey for taste
How to Make Orange Lemon Sauce :
- Melt butter in a skillet, saute the onion and garlic until translucent but not browned
- Add the flour to make some roux, saute until the flour is not smells raw but not browned it in a very low flame for about 2 minutes
- Pour the orange and lemon juice, stirred it well to prevent any lump on it.
- Seasoned the orange-lemon sauce then with salt, pepper, and sugar/honey, it must be balance of sweet and sour
- Reduced a little bit with continous stirring, add the orange and lemon zest.
- Sieve the solid ingredients and the orang lemon sauce is ready to served
Recipe Braised Tofu Skin with Soy Sauce for Salmon Stuffing:
- 100 grams tofu skin or yuba (soaked in water overnight to soften it)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 cm ginger, bruised
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
How to Make Braised Tofu Skin with Soy Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a wok pan, saute the garlic, shallot and ginger until nicely browned
- Add the soaked tofu skin and all ingredients
- Simmer until the water is complety evaporated and the flavour infused into the tofu skin
You May Also Like (Click!)