Braised venison short ribs is not kinda daily meal for me, then once i had bunch of venison ribs and also the tenderloin, it simply made me happy. From the internet search i read about the cheaper price for venison and any game meat compare to the regular cattle beef abroad, but that’s not gonna happen in my place. Basically, the mith said that venison meat is a powerfull aphrodisiac rocket it’s price tag in Asia. Well, that’s a kinda funny things across Asian decent people. This kind of game protein is usually served with liquor callled arak. The alcohol content is a potent blood vessel dilatator that made the corpora cavernosa (erectile tissue) that mostly consist of blood capillary can dilatated and filled with the blood even better. This actually the same fact about dringking snake’s blood and bile, the secret is the liquor that mixed within it. I guess i’m keeping that secrets for me for next following years after i get married, i’m using it now for a gourmet adventure.
Braising venison ribs is a very simple and easy following steps. There are three basic steps or braising; marinating, pan searing and simmering. Since i’m using a junvenile rainforest deer, the simmering steps period is preety quick, 30 minutes it’s all needed to tenderize the ribs. Well, actually i not only ‘forced’ my sister to purchased the venison short ribs, but also the tenderloin. I’m making a homemade dry cured venison or Italian Bresaola di Cervo, stay tune on Dentist Chef for that recipe.
Braised venison with red wine or white wine is a common gamey meat preparation in western cuisine. I’m using two kinds of wine here, my last half cup of red wine and white wine. Instead of wine, you can also using some asian liquor like rice wine or shaoxing wine. I also added some kashmiri or Indian saffron within the simmering broth to enhance the flavour and the looks. The vivid yellow color is a result of a pinch of it’s strands. Since my sister like a tangy and slightly sweet flavour i brought some of my homemade sun dried tomato for pleased her. Slightly different from my previously Braised Beef Oxtail with Red Wine, Tomatoes and Carrot, this braised venison ribs is not taste that sweet. For the garnish, i add some torch ginger bloosom on it.
Resep daging iga rusa masak anggur, tomat dan safron or braised venison deer short ribs with wine, tomato and saffron recipe in Bahasa Indonesia in my first western style from my serial collections of venison recipe. You can try some fragrance Indian style Spicy Venison Deer Meat with Curry Leaves or Indonesian (Padangnese) style Spicy Venison Deer Dendeng. Another asian inspired venison recipe is Korean style Stir Fried Venison Deer with Mushrooms & Sesame Paste or commonly seen menu in fancy chinese restaurant Stir Fry Venison Deer with Blackpeppercorn Sauce.
Braised Venison Deer Short Ribs with Wine, Tomato and Saffron Recipe :
- 1 kg of venison short ribs/daging iga rusa (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup red wine/ anggur merah
- 1 1/2 cup white wine/ anggur putih (sunstitude with 2 cups of rice wine)
- a pinch of saffron, i’m quite generouse with this pricey spice
- 1/2 cup of HOMEMADE SUN DRIED TOMATO/ Tomat Kering, soaked, finelly chopped (substitude with 1/2 cup tomato paste)
- 3 large fresh ripe tomatoes/ Tomat, deseeded, chopped
- 1/2 tsp HOMEMADE GARAM MASALA SPICE MIXTURE/ Kari India
- a pinch of mixed italian herbs/ rempah Italia
- 1 large onion/ bawang bombay, diced
- 6 small shallots/bawang merah, diced
- 6 cloves garlic/ bawang putih, finely chopped
- 2 large potato/ kentang, cubed
- 3 cups stock/kaldu
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil/minyak
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the venison ribs with garam masala and mixed italian herbs, pour all the wine and let it marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Firstly in the morning, drain the venison ribs from the liquid, reserve the liquid
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil until sizzling hot, sear the ribs all over until got a nice golden brown color, set aside
- Heat up the 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan or a crock pot, saute the onion, shallots and garlic with a low heat until slightly brown
- Add the tomato,potato, sun dried tomato and saffron, season with salt and pepper, saute another 5 minutes
- Pour the wine marinating liquid and the stock, bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the broth is thicken and the meat is fork tender for about 30 minutes. Add more wine or stock if necessary.
- Served it immediately
You May Also Like: