Resep Kerang Bambu Saus Tiram ala Sajian Sedap (Stir Fried Razor Clams with Oyster Sauce) is featured in IDFB Challange Kreasi Dapur Bersama Sajian Sedap. This event is a presented by Indonesian Food Blogger incoorpotared with Sajian Sedap. Sajian Sedap.Com is a collaboration website of Sedap Megazine and Saji Tabloid which provide many selection of trusted and tested recipe from all over the world including authentic recipe from all of ethnic cuisine throughout Indonesian archipelago; from Sabang to Merauke. You can also download the E-Magazine of Saji/Sedap in Newsstand like Scoop, Wayang Force, SCANIE, Indobooks, SPEEDUP, or Mahoni.
Sajian Sedap is one stop culinary website, it’s provide may selecion of culinary reviews,kitchen dictionary, cooking recipes, tips and tricks. You can even enter all the ingredients you’ve got in your fridge and search the suitable recipes within your ingredients, isn’t that really great ??? I mostly grab my gadget to browsing on Sajian Sedap just before going to slept for the next day menu inspiration. Mostly my Authentic Indonesian Cuisine Recipes refers to Sajian Sedap. I really got to ensure that the recipes that i shared about Indonesian cuisine is as closed as possible to the authentic version. Here several recipes that i refers from Sajian Sedap:
- Indonesian Beef Rendang (Caramelized Spicy Beef Curry)
- Nasi Bakar (Grilled Spiced Rice Wrapped in Banana Leaf Parcel )
- Iga Bakar Rica-Rica (Barbequed Beef Ribs with Spicy Chili Sambal)
- Indonesian Beef Kalio (Thick Coconut Milk Beef Curry)
- Pndang Tulang Iga ( Sour Spicy Beef Ribs Soup with Tamarind Broth)
- Sup Buntut (Indonesia Oxtail Soup)
- Gulai Otak Sapi (Beef Brain Spicy Curry)
- Gabus Pucung (Snake Head Soup in Spicy Keluwak or Black Nut Savoury Broth)
- Gulai Kepala Kambing (Goat Head Curry)
- Kepiting Telur Asin (Crab with Salted Egg Yolk)
- Malbi Ayam Kampung (Chicken in Sweet Soy SauceCurry Stew)
- Ikan Woku Belanga (Spicy Fish Soup)
- Palumara Ulu Juku (Turmeric Based Fish Soup)
- Semur Daging Sapi (Sweet Soy Sauce Stewed Beef)
- Pindang Ikan Patin (Spicy and Sour Cat Fish Soup)
- Sup Konro Sapi Bakar (Spicy Beef Stew with Penut)
- Arsik (Spicy Stewed Fish with Andaliman Pepper)
- Pampis Cakalang Fufu (Spicy Shredded Fish Rousong)
- Bubur Manado or Tinutuan (Vegetables Porridge)
- Bunga Pepaya Garo Rica (Papaya Blossom Stir Fried) and many more.
Today i’m gonna review one of the recipe that fetured on Sajian Sedap; Resep Kerang Bambu Saus Tiram or Stir Fried Bamboo/Razor Clams with Oyster Sauce and the result is obviously damn delicous dish!!!
Eversince all the recipes on Sajian Sedap is already tested, all you’ve got to do is to reference on it. This stir fried bamboo clams in oyster sauce or kerang bambu saus tiram recipe is so easy and straight forward to replicate in my own kitchen. Taste is a about personal preference, it’s not a rocket science, so be creative and adjust the ammount of ingredient what you’ve like more or what you didn’t like based on the recipe on Sajian Sedap. I love everythings hot and spicy, so i put lotta more chilies and less water that made the sauce os kicking savoury, hot and spicy with a little bit thicker consistency. Seafood is always be great with garlicky and gingery flavour, so the ammount of garlic and ginger just perfect, a little bit more may overpowering the natural sweetness of the razor clams meat. Thanks to Sajian Sedap now i know that the sesame oil is better be added just before the dish done because heat might ruined it. Well, once again i said that cooking is about a passion to learn more and more, fail once then fail in a better way next times. You won’t realize that you’ve got better and better on your cooking skills. .
This is Asian razor clams (Ensis directus) a.k.a bamboo clams, Atlantic jackknife clams, or razor shell fish. In Indonesia we used to called razor clams as kerang bambu or lorjuk or kerang satang. The shape this shellfish bearing a strong resemblance to an old fashioned straight razor or a segment of bamboo. Kerang bambu considered as delicacy and cooked in many different ways, usually flash high heat cooking to prevent is overcooked simply Deep Fried Battered Razor Clams Tempura (Kerang Bambu Goreng Tepung) is delicious. Beside stir fried in oyster sauce, you can cooked razor clams or bamboo clams into; Kerang Bambu Saus Singapura (Singapore Chili Sauce Razor Clams), Kerang Garang Asem (Sour and Spicy Razor Clams Wrapped in Banana Leaves), or Woku Kerang Bambu (Spicy Stewed Bamboo Clams).
This is how to cleaning raxor clams; clean and brush throughly the outside shells of razor clams to remove any debris and mud staining and let it soaked in freshwater for about 20 minutes and let the siphon spitting water and clean itself. After snipping the tip of the neck (siphon) or the funny looking muscle tissue that look like my 1 years old lil nephew pecker, cut open the body from the base of the foot to the tip of the siphon with scissor. Remove anything that coloured other than creamy white, discard the greenish and yellowish digestive system and scrub it gently followed by rinsed it under running water to remove any excess debris, mud and sand.
This is how you par-boiled or blanced the razor clams before using it in any cooking recipe. This steps made you more easy to clean the razor clams further. Bring enough water to completely submerged the razor clams into hard boil with your largest stove and then put the razor clams on the bubling water. Turn of the heat and let the razor clams sit ther for about 15-30 minutes until wringkled a little bit, put the blanched razor clams in icy water to suddently stop the cooking process otherwise your razor clams will be overcooked and turn into very chewy and rubbery. Why you should blanched the razor clams before cooking it? it will removes the fishy aromas and then you can easily cleaning it further to remove any remaining stain on it once it blanched. Now you’re razor clams is now clean and ready too cook in any kind of recipes.
This stir fried bamboo clams or Asian razor clams in oyster sauce is easy and quicky, you can prepare it in less then 10 minutes and happily feed about 2-4 person, but honestly i can barely finished it myself. This chinese style wok fried razor clams is one of my big sister ngidam or craving wish while her pregnancy and i’m very happy to fulfilling it unless my future nieces or nephews gonna be drolling all the time.
Razor Clams Stir Fried with oyster sauce, chilies, garlic, ginger is Damn DELICIOUS. Perfectly cooked razor clams texture is tender and sliglly chewy and it’s taste similiar like a big squid or cuttlefish. You can puchased it alive in the seafood stalls, please visit chinese fresh market nearby your town. Asian supermarket usually provide a vaccum packed frozen razor clams is a great deal too to give this recipe a try!
Resep Kerang Bambu Saus Tiram ala SAJIAN SEDAP
Stir Fried Razor Clams or Bamboo Clams in Oyster Sauce
- 400 gram kerang bambu, direbus (Razor Clams or Bamboo Clams, par-boiled)
- 1 sendok teh air jeruk nipis ( teaspoon of lime juice)
- 1 sendok teh garam ( teaspoon of salt)
- 1 buah bawang bombay, dipotong panjang (onion, julienned)
- 2 siung bawang putih, dicincang kasar (cloves of garlic, roughly chopped)
- 1 buah cabai merah, diiris serong (red cayenne chili pepper, croswisely cut)
- 1 buah cabai hijau, diiris serong (green cayenne chili pepper, croswisely cut)
- 2 cm jahe, diiris korek api (ginger, julienned)
- 2 buah cabai kering, dicincang kasar (dried chilies, roughly chopped)
- 2 sendok makan saus tiram (tablespoons of oyster sauce)
- 1/2 sendok teh minyak wijen (teaspoon of sesame oil)
- 1/4 sendok teh garam (teaspoonfull of salt)
- 1/4 sendok teh bubuk merica (teaspoon of white peppercorn powder)
- 100 ml air (water)
- 3 tangkai kucai, dipotong-potong 2 cm (garlic chives, cut into 2 cm long segment)
- 2 sendok makan minyak goreng (tablespoons of vegetables oil)
#scallion or garnish
Cara membuat (Instruction)
- Lumuri kerang dengan air jeruk nipis dan garam. Diamkan 15 menit. (Drizzle the razor clams with lime juice and salt, let is stand to marinade about 15 minutes)
- Panaskan minyak, tumis bawang bombay, bawang putih, cabai merah, cabai hijau, jahe, dan cabai kering sampai harum. (Heat up the vegetable oil in the wok pan, stir fried the onion, garlic, red and green cayenne chilies pepper, ginger and dried chilies until fragrance)
- Tambahkan kerang. Aduk rata. Masukkan saus tiram, garam, merica bubuk. Aduk rata. (Add the razor clams, stir and then seasoned with oyster sauce and white pepper powder, stir it evenly)
- Tuang air. Masak sampai bumbu meresap. Masukkan minyak wijen. Aduk rata. (Add the water and let it cooked until the seasoning penetrates the razor clams, pour the sesame oil and turn off the heat)
- Sajikan kerang bersama taburan kucai. (Served the stir fried razor clams with oyster sauce with the garlic chives)